Our Most Holy Redeemer

Baptised Catholic children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice from Catholic families who are resident within the Holy Redeemer Parish receive priority under section three of the school’s Admissions Policy.

In 1892, Canon Cornelius Keens, known as “the church builder”, obtained permission from the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster, Herbert Vaughan, to found a new parish in the central, older part of Chelsea, in territory taken from St. Mary’s Cadogan Street, the “Mother Church”.

The church, dedicated to Our Most Holy Redeemer, was built between June 1894, when Cardinal Vaughan laid the foundation stone, and October 1895, when he opened it, on the site of William de Morgan’s pottery.  It was consecrated 10 years later, on 21st June 1905, by Archbishop, later Cardinal Bourne.